Roofing Contractors In Fairfax Station, VA
Finally, the home improvement experience you’ve always wanted.
Unfortunately, many contractors underdeliver — especially when it comes to service. At SmartRoof, our Fairfax Station roofing contractors help you avoid the stress of broken promises and shoddy workmanship by delivering a home improvement experience second-to-none.
Get a free, no obligation roof inspection!
Schedule a time and one of our roof consultants will give you a free inspection.
SmartRoof – Fairfax Roofing Contractors
3900 Jermantown Rd #490, Fairfax, VA 22030
Connect With Us
SmartRoof – Fairfax Station Roofing Contractors That Help You Leave The Headaches Behind.
All you ever wanted is a contractor that will do it right and do what they said they would do. Unfortunately, your experience with and perception of contractors probably looks like this:
My phone calls and emails are ignored
I’m never sure of the next step in the process
Make the smart choice in roofing.
At SmartRoof, we relentlessly dedicate ourselves to the pursuit of the perfect customer experience so that you can enjoy quality and service – the way you’ve always wanted it.
Second-To-None Customer Service
Smooth, Easy Process
Clean, Detail Driven Crews
Top-Rated Fairfax Station Roofing Contractors
We are dedicated to raising the bar for all contractors and setting new standards in customer service. Customers reviews reveal that our team of Fairfax Station roofing contractors is often described as friendly, responsive, clean, and efficient.
SmartRoof is committed to being the best roofing company, both in terms of our product and our service. We want you to enjoy a customer experience so good you’ll want to tell your friends and family about it.
Here is some of the proof of our commitment to being a top roofing company:
- Top 1% of Roofing Contractors based on reviews – 500+ Reviews with a 4.9+ Star Rating on Google, Facebook, BBB, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Yelp
- Top 2% of Roofing Contractors based on GAF Master Elite status – being a GAF Master Elite contractor means that we are required to be properly licensed & insured ($1M+ liability insurance, workmen’s compensation, and state licensing), reputable & trustworthy (e.g. good standing with Better Business Bureau), and highly qualified (i.e. trained and re-certified yearly).
- #57 on the list of Top 100 Roofing Contractors in the U.S. – according to Roofing Contractor’s Top 100, SmartRoof is #57 on the list of Top 100 Roofing Contractors in the United States.
- 1,000+ Roofing Installs Completed Over The Last 12 Months – we complete about 100 roof installation and roof replacement projects each month.
Our Fairfax Station roofing contractors work with Northern VA homeowners and business owners to build and maintain beautiful, environmentally friendly roofs that stand the test of time. Contact our friendly SmartRoof team today and schedule your free estimate!
Roofing Contractors - Why SmartRoof?
Our Fairfax Station roofing contractors work with northern VA homeowners and business owners to build and maintain beautiful, environmentally friendly roofs that stand the test of time. From roofing and siding to windows and gutters, we handle nearly every type of roofing and storm damage repair.
At SmartRoof, we settle for nothing less than the best. That is why we only use materials for our customers that we would feel proud putting on our own homes.
Whether you need damaged shingles replaced, total roof replacement, or emergency services after a storm, SmartRoof, LLC, is here to make sure your roof is sturdy and secure. We’ll help you select and install beautiful, durable, and weather-resistant materials that stand up to even the harshest elements.
We provide quality roofing solutions for residential homes, and retail / commercial businesses. We help you make educated decisions about your roof, without cutting corners to lower our prices. We want this to be the best experience you’ve ever had with ANY company…EVER.
Residential, Commercial, Storm Damage & More
Commercial Roofing Contractors
SmartRoof’s Fairfax Station roofing contractors offer quality roof replacement, whether your roof has been damaged in a storm, or the time has come after years of wear and tear. We combine the highest quality material from trusted manufacturers with superior workmanship learned from years of experience.
The result is a long-lasting roof that will protect your commercial building from the weather, resist algae and moss growth, and look beautiful for years to come.
Residential Roofing Contractors
SmartRoof’s Fairfax Station roofing contractors offers quality roof replacement, whether your roof has been damaged in a storm, or the time has come after years of wear and tear. We combine the highest quality material from trusted manufacturers with superior workmanship learned from years of experience.
The result is a long-lasting roof that will protect your home from the weather, resist algae and moss growth, and look beautiful for years to come.
Storm Damage Roofing Contractors
Storm damage can wreak havoc on your roof, with damage from wind, rain and hail. Often, the damage is visible, like fallen tree limbs or roof punctures. But sometimes the damage is hidden and can include loosened, missing or torn shingles or leaks in the roof flashing.
That’s why SmartRoof offers a free storm damage inspection. We’ll inspect your roof for damage and offer our recommendations on storm damage roof repair.
Your roof is your protection against the elements, let our expert inspectors keep your home safe and dry. Contact our team of Fairfax Station roofing contractors at SmartRoof to schedule your free storm damage roof inspection or repair.
Siding, Windows, Gutters, and More
If any part of your home or business has been damaged by rain, wind, snow, or hail, SmartRoof has the solution. A damaged building—and the water leaks that come along with it—might go unnoticed for weeks or months, but we will find the source of the problem during a free roof inspection.
Our Fairfax Station roofing contractors can answer your questions about replacement options, helping to make the process as smooth as possible. We do more than repair damaged property; we offer long-term solutions.
Local Roofing Contractors That Love Fairfax Station, VA
We’re local roofers that love working in the beautiful environment of South Riding and are here to serve homeowners and commercial property owners in Fairfax Station.
Fairfax Station sits on the western side of Fairfax County and is bordered by Clifton (west), Burke (east), and the city of Fairfax (north). As a suburb of Washington, D.C., Fairfax Station is close to the professional energy of the city, but the area’s more rural nature makes the area a nice residential pocket amidst the corporate atmosphere of surrounding cities.
Because of its central location in northern Virginia and residential vibrancy, Fairfax Station ranks #41 on the list of Best Suburbs To Live In Virginia.
If you’re looking for a local roofing company in Fairfax Station, reach out to our team today to get answers to your questions or to schedule an inspection & estimate.
I give 5 stars PLUS for SmartRoof…
“I am very happy with our new roof. Our roof is not an easy one to roof. It has a round tower in the front. Super hard to get the rows level and even. Without going into detail it’s about as hard a roof as there is to shingle and they did the job spot on perfect. It will last 50 years. Their insurance expert was great, their project planners and supervisors were great, and the 8 man installation team was fantastic. They left the job spotless. I give 5 STARS PLUS for SmartRoof.”
Answers for Every Roofing Question
How do I know if I need a new roof?
Sometimes, there are obvious signs that you need a new roof: a hole in your roof, missing shingles, or water leaking through. Most of the time, however, the signs for needing a new roof are more subtle. Here are some common signs that you should get your roof inspected for damage:
- broken / cracked / creased shingles
- shingle granules on the ground
- shingle granules or pieces of the roof clogging your gutters
- animals living in your attic
- moss and mold growth on your roof
- damaged flashing
- double layering
How long does a roof last?
How long a roof will last will depend mainly on the type of roof it is, what product is used, and the geography/weather. In terms of a roof type, for example, a common residential asphalt roof will last about 15 years whereas a metal roof could last an average 15-40 years.
Here are some insights into the lifespan of common types of roofs: asphalt shingle roofs (12-20 years), wood shingle/shake roofs (10-40 years), clay/concrete tile roofs (20-40 years), metal roofs (15-40 years), and slate roofs (25-100 years).
Additionally, not all roofing products are created equal. Certain manufacturers produce better products and certain products are better than others.
Geography and weather conditions also play a large part in determining how long a roof will last. Roofs that are in mild climates tend to last longer than roofs in harsh cold, hot, or stormy climates.
How often does a roof need to be replaced and what type of roofing lasts the longest?
- Asphalt Shingle Roofs (12-20 years)
- Wood Shingle/Shake Roofs (10-40 years)
- Clay/Concrete Tile Roofs (20-40 years)
- Metal Roofs (15-40 years)
- Slate Roofs (25-100 years)
Once you determine the average lifetime of a roof based on the roof type, there are three more common factors that will impact the lifespan of the roof: product type, weather/geography, and the installation quality.
Basically, what product you choose, how harsh the weather is (hot, cold, stormy), and the installation precision all affect how long the roof will last.
Can I repair or replace the roof myself?
Can you? Yes. Should you? Probably not. The risk of fixing your roof almost never outweighs the reward of having someone else inspect it and fix it.
If you choose to do it yourself, you may solve the issue and save yourself some money. On the other hand you may fail to fix it and run the risk of wasting time, getting injured, violating the manufacturer’s warranty, violating your homeowner’s insurance policy, and potentially causing more damage to your roof.
Failing to properly fix or replace your roof can also lead to leaks which can lead to interior water damage and cost you exponentially more than what a roof repair or replacement may have cost.
Which kind of roof is best for me?
When deciding what kind of roof is best for you, here are three of the most important considerations:
- Budget - choosing the right roof will likely begin with a review of your budget as roof products widely range in price.
- Durability - evaluating your geography will also be important, especially if you live in climates that are more severely affected by hot, cold, or stormy weather. The harsher the climate, the more important it will be to choose a roof type that can withstand the natural elements.
- Style / Color / Curb Appeal - once you’ve determined your budget and desired durability, you will have a clearer picture of what kind of roof type is right for you. Now you can focus on style and finding a roof style and color that fits your property’s landscape and surroundings.
What kind of roof shingle is best?
Asphalt shingles are the most popular shingle due to their affordability to install and maintain. There are three main types of asphalt shingles:
- 3-Tab Shingles - a 3-tab asphalt shingle (sometimes called a “strip” shingle) is the most basic kind of shingle and is made from a single layer of asphalt allowing them to lie extremely flat against the roof.
- Architectural Shingles - an architectural shingle (sometimes called a “dimensional” or “laminate” shingle) is a much more advanced shingle with multiple layers of asphalt melded together to give the roof a multidimensional look.
- Designer Shingles - a designer shingle (sometimes called a “premium” or “luxury” shingle) usually yields high-quality multidimensional designs, advanced protection from weather, and maximum energy efficiency.
What kind of warranty do you offer?
We warranty our work 2.5X longer than the industry standard so you can be sure you’re making the best investment. While the manufacturer of the roofing materials typically offers a warranty on the products (no matter who installs your roof), the roofing contractor will typically offer its own warranty on the workmanship. Most workmanship warranties offered by individual roofing contractors last for one year or more. A Master Elite® contractor can offer enhanced warranties backed by GAF, which cover both the GAF products and workmanship.
What should I look for when hiring a roofing contractor?
Finding the right roofing contractor boils down to find someone who can do the job right and give you a good experience while doing it. And the only way you can know these two things is through proof like:
- What Others Say - the volume and quality of reviews and testimonials on Google, Facebook and online business directories (BBB, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List) can give you confidence through social proof.
- What Projects They’ve Done - the volume and quality of the projects they’ve completed can also help you visualize whether or not they will be able to do the job well.
- What “Guarantees” They Can Give - the warranties and guarantees they offer for the product (e.g. product warranty) and the service (e.g. labor warranty) can go a long way in boosting your confidence.
What should be included in a roofing contract?
When the time comes to choose a roofing contractor you’ll want to look for these elements in the contract:
- Roof system specifications like roof type, product type, manufacturer, color, etc
- Other materials included in the project like underlayment, starter strip, drip edge, ridge vents accessories, ice and water shield, etc
- Scope of work to be done like removal of existing shingles, flashing, ventilation, etc
- Installation method - repair, partial replacement, full replacement, full tear-off, etc
- Warranties related to the product or labor
- Other common contractual details like start & end date, payment terms, etc
What is a GAF Master Elite roofing contractor?
When you choose a GAF factory-certified roofing contractor like SmartRoof, you know you’re getting the best in the business. Only 2% of roofing contractors in North America are GAF Master Elite®, a certification they renew every year. Plus, every GAF-certified contractor offers superior protection with the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and has access to enhanced warranties, backed by GAF. This certification requires the contractor to be:
- Properly Insured & Licensed - For your protection and peace of mind, GAF certified contractors must have $1M+ Liability Insurance, workmen's compensation, and state licensing (where required and applicable).
- Reputable & Trustworthy - GAF certified contractors must have a track record for providing quality roofing services in the community (e.g. good standing with the Better Business Bureau, good credit rating per Experian).
- Highly Qualified - GAF certified contractors are well trained and equipped with the latest technology and practices, ensuring expert installation (i.e. GAF trained and certified, high property owner job satisfaction ratings, and able to offer the strongest GAF warranties)
Does homeowners insurance cover roof damage?
If the roof damage is caused by wind or hail or fire, homeowners insurance will likely cover the cost of the damage. In the case of wind and hail damage, homeowners insurance may require the homeowner to pay their deductible.
If the damage (hail, wind, fire) is severe enough, many homeowners insurance policies will even cover roof replacement if the damage is the result of an act of nature or sudden accidental event.
On the other hand, most homeowners insurance policies will NOT pay to replace or repair a roof that has suffered gradual deterioration due to wear-and-tear or neglect. Roofs that are over 20 years old often have limited coverage, if any.
To maximize the chance of getting your claim approved, make sure to keep records of repairs, before-and-after photos, and reports from inspections. One of your most important next steps is to call a storm restoration specialist who can give you a free roof inspection and report.
Does my homeowners insurance cover roof repair / roof replacement?
If the damage caused to the roof stems from wind or hail or fire, homeowners insurance will likely cover the cost for the repair or replacement of the roof. If, however, the damage to the roof is simply due to natural deterioration or neglect (e.g. a leak should have been repaired but wasn’t) then homeowners insurance will likely be exempt from reimbursing the homeowner for any damages.
Before you file a claim with your insurance company, find a roofing contractor you trust to come and perform a roof inspection to assess the damage to your roof and evaluate whether it will be covered by your homeowners policy. (If you’ve already filed an insurance claim, reach out to a roofing contractor who can advise you on the best way to move your claim forward.)
Is a leaking roof covered by homeowners insurance?
However, your homeowners insurance will likely NOT cover leaks that were caused by natural deterioration or neglect (e.g. poor maintenance, failing to fix a leak you were aware of, etc).