Roofing Contractors In Alexandria, VA
Finally, the home improvement experience you’ve always wanted.
Unfortunately, many contractors underdeliver — especially when it comes to service. At SmartRoof, we are a team of Alexandria Roofing Contractors that help you avoid the stress of broken promises and shoddy workmanship by delivering a home improvement experience second-to-none.
Get a free, no obligation roof inspection!
Schedule a time and one of our roof consultants will give you a free inspection.
SmartRoof – Alexandria Roofing Contractors
SmartRoof – Alexandria Roofing Company That Help You Leave The Headaches Behind.
All you ever wanted is a roofing company Alexandria VA that will do it right and do what they said they would do. Unfortunately, your experience with and perception of contractors probably looks like this:
My questions and concerns aren’t being answered
My property is being mistreated
Make the smart choice in roofing.
At SmartRoof, we relentlessly dedicate ourselves to the pursuit of the perfect customer experience so that you can enjoy quality and service – the way you’ve always wanted it.
Second-To-None Customer Service
Smooth, Easy Process
Clean, Detail Driven Crews
Top-Rated Alexandria Roofing Contractors
roofing alexandria va
We are dedicated to raising the bar for all contractors and setting new standards in customer service. Customers reviews reveal that our team of roofer in Alexandria is often described as friendly, responsive, clean, and efficient.
SmartRoof is committed to being the best Alexandria roofing company, both in terms of our product and our service. We want you to enjoy a customer experience so good you’ll want to tell your friends and family about it.
Here is some of the proof of our commitment to being a top Alexandria roofing company:
- Top 1% of Roofing Contractor Alexandria VA based on reviews – 500+ Reviews with a 4.9+ Star Rating on Google, Facebook, BBB, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Yelp
- Top 2% of Roofing Contractor Alexandria VA based on GAF Master Elite status – being a GAF Master Elite contractor means that we are required to be properly licensed & insured ($1M+ liability insurance, workmen’s compensation, and state licensing), reputable & trustworthy (e.g. good standing with Better Business Bureau), and highly qualified (i.e. trained and re-certified yearly).
- #57 on the list of Top 100 Roofing Alexandria VA Contractors in the U.S. – according to Roofing Alexandria VA Contractor’s Top 100, SmartRoof is #57 on the list of Top 100 Roofing Contractors in the United States.
- 1,000+ Roofing Alexandria VA Installs Completed Over The Last 12 Months – we complete about 100 roof installation and roof replacement projects each month.
Our Alexandria roofing contractors work with Northern VA homeowners and business owners to build and maintain beautiful, environmentally friendly roofs that stand the test of time. Contact our friendly roofing company Alexandria VA team today and schedule your free estimate!
Residential, Commercial, Storm Damage & More
Commercial Roofing Contractors Alexandria VA
Our new roofs are durable, environmentally-friendly, and beautiful, and we guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with the finished product. Our Alexandria roofing contractors are happy to discuss our options with you, including a variety of materials, designs, and price points. Request a bid from roofer in Alexandria today!
Residential Roofing Contractors Alexandria VA
Here at SmartRoof, our team of Alexandria roofing contractors have years of experience with Alexandria roof repair and replacements. Located in Northern Virginia, we provide roof replacements for asphalt and metal roofs on homes and commercial buildings in the Alexandria, VA area. Whether you have a small leak or are in need of a complete roof replacement, SmartRoof is your choice for all your roofing Alexandria VA needs. With the highest quality materials from trusted manufacturers, it’s our goal to give you the best possible quality of workmanship.
Storm Damage Roofing Contractors
Your roof is what stands between you and the elements. When storms or roof-related disasters strike, don’t leave your home exposed. At SmartRoof, our team of roofing contractors Alexandria VA will take care of storm repairs as quickly as possible. Roofer in Alexandria, our prompt and responsive roofers in Alexandria team is nearby and ready to help you with any storm damage your roof may have incurred. Whether your roof is damaged from wind, hail, rain, or fallen trees, our team will provide a thorough assessment and estimate. We can help you navigate the process to make it as smooth as possible.
Siding, Windows, Gutters, and More
Storm damage can wreak havoc on your roof and property, with damage from wind, rain and hail. Often, the damage is visible, like fallen tree limbs or roof punctures. But sometimes the damage is hidden and can include loosened, missing or torn shingles or leaks in the roof flashing, or missing siding, and more. That’s why our team of Alexandria roofing contractors offers a free storm damage inspection. We’ll inspect your roof for damage and offer our recommendations on storm damage Alexandria roof repair.
Local Roofers in Alexandria VA
As one of the largest cities in Virginia, Alexandria is one of the most vibrant communities in the state. In close proximity to the U.S. capital, Alexandria’s economy is heavily influenced by the federal civil service, the U.S. military, and private contractors providing various services to the government.
Despite its professional concentration, Alexandria is also an area rich in beauty and history. Many parts of the city, especially in Old Town Alexandria, are walkable and filled with shops, restaurants, and entertainment.
We’re a team of Alexandria roofing contractors that love working in the historic and vibrant area of Alexandria and are here to serve all of Alexandria’s communities including: Old Town, Parker-Gray, The Berg, Arlandria, Rosemont, Del Ray, Beverly Hills, Braddock Heights, Eisenhower Valley, Seminary Valley, West End, and Potomac Yard.
If you’re looking for a local roofing company in Alexandria, reach out to our team today to get answers to your questions or to schedule an inspection & estimate.
We have had an excellent experience with Joe and SmartRoof…
“We have had an excellent experience with Joe and SmartRoof of Virginia. They have an excellent selection of shingles and the prices are great. We were able to find just the look and quality we wanted at a very competitive price. Joe was very knowledgeable of all the options available and what would best fit our needs. He walked us through every step of the process and we feel very comfortable that we know what will be happening every step of the way with our shingle replacement. He even gave us great advice on downspouts and what to expect with clean up. We can’t wait to see our new roof!”
Answers for Every Roofing Question
How do I know if I need a new roof?
Sometimes, there are obvious signs that you need a new roof: a hole in your roof, missing shingles, or water leaking through. Most of the time, however, the signs for needing a new roof are more subtle. Here are some common signs that you should get your roof inspected for damage:
- broken / cracked / creased shingles
- shingle granules on the ground
- shingle granules or pieces of the roof clogging your gutters
- animals living in your attic
- moss and mold growth on your roof
- damaged flashing
- double layering
How long does a roof last?
How long a roof will last will depend mainly on the type of roof it is, what product is used, and the geography/weather. In terms of a roof type, for example, a common residential asphalt roof will last about 15 years whereas a metal roof could last an average 15-40 years.
Here are some insights into the lifespan of common types of roofs: asphalt shingle roofs (12-20 years), wood shingle/shake roofs (10-40 years), clay/concrete tile roofs (20-40 years), metal roofs (15-40 years), and slate roofs (25-100 years).
Additionally, not all roofing products are created equal. Certain manufacturers produce better products and certain products are better than others.
Geography and weather conditions also play a large part in determining how long a roof will last. Roofs that are in mild climates tend to last longer than roofs in harsh cold, hot, or stormy climates.
How often does a roof need to be replaced and what type of roofing lasts the longest?
- Asphalt Shingle Roofs (12-20 years)
- Wood Shingle/Shake Roofs (10-40 years)
- Clay/Concrete Tile Roofs (20-40 years)
- Metal Roofs (15-40 years)
- Slate Roofs (25-100 years)
Once you determine the average lifetime of a roof based on the roof type, there are three more common factors that will impact the lifespan of the roof: product type, weather/geography, and the installation quality.
Basically, what product you choose, how harsh the weather is (hot, cold, stormy), and the installation precision all affect how long the roof will last.
Can I repair or replace the roof myself?
Can you? Yes. Should you? Probably not. The risk of fixing your roof almost never outweighs the reward of having someone else inspect it and fix it.
If you choose to do it yourself, you may solve the issue and save yourself some money. On the other hand you may fail to fix it and run the risk of wasting time, getting injured, violating the manufacturer’s warranty, violating your homeowner’s insurance policy, and potentially causing more damage to your roof.
Failing to properly fix or replace your roof can also lead to leaks which can lead to interior water damage and cost you exponentially more than what a roof repair or replacement may have cost.
Which kind of roof is best for me?
When deciding what kind of roof is best for you, here are three of the most important considerations:
- Budget - choosing the right roof will likely begin with a review of your budget as roof products widely range in price.
- Durability - evaluating your geography will also be important, especially if you live in climates that are more severely affected by hot, cold, or stormy weather. The harsher the climate, the more important it will be to choose a roof type that can withstand the natural elements.
- Style / Color / Curb Appeal - once you’ve determined your budget and desired durability, you will have a clearer picture of what kind of roof type is right for you. Now you can focus on style and finding a roof style and color that fits your property’s landscape and surroundings.
What kind of roof shingle is best?
Asphalt shingles are the most popular shingle due to their affordability to install and maintain. There are three main types of asphalt shingles:
- 3-Tab Shingles - a 3-tab asphalt shingle (sometimes called a “strip” shingle) is the most basic kind of shingle and is made from a single layer of asphalt allowing them to lie extremely flat against the roof.
- Architectural Shingles - an architectural shingle (sometimes called a “dimensional” or “laminate” shingle) is a much more advanced shingle with multiple layers of asphalt melded together to give the roof a multidimensional look.
- Designer Shingles - a designer shingle (sometimes called a “premium” or “luxury” shingle) usually yields high-quality multidimensional designs, advanced protection from weather, and maximum energy efficiency.
What kind of warranty do you offer?
We warranty our work 2.5X longer than the industry standard so you can be sure you’re making the best investment. While the manufacturer of the roofing materials typically offers a warranty on the products (no matter who installs your roof), the roofing contractor will typically offer its own warranty on the workmanship. Most workmanship warranties offered by individual roofing contractors last for one year or more. A Master Elite® contractor can offer enhanced warranties backed by GAF, which cover both the GAF products and workmanship.
What should I look for when hiring a roofing contractor?
Finding the right roofing contractor boils down to find someone who can do the job right and give you a good experience while doing it. And the only way you can know these two things is through proof like:
- What Others Say - the volume and quality of reviews and testimonials on Google, Facebook and online business directories (BBB, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List) can give you confidence through social proof.
- What Projects They’ve Done - the volume and quality of the projects they’ve completed can also help you visualize whether or not they will be able to do the job well.
- What “Guarantees” They Can Give - the warranties and guarantees they offer for the product (e.g. product warranty) and the service (e.g. labor warranty) can go a long way in boosting your confidence.
What should be included in a roofing contract?
When the time comes to choose a roofing contractor you’ll want to look for these elements in the contract:
- Roof system specifications like roof type, product type, manufacturer, color, etc
- Other materials included in the project like underlayment, starter strip, drip edge, ridge vents accessories, ice and water shield, etc
- Scope of work to be done like removal of existing shingles, flashing, ventilation, etc
- Installation method - repair, partial replacement, full replacement, full tear-off, etc
- Warranties related to the product or labor
- Other common contractual details like start & end date, payment terms, etc
What is a GAF Master Elite roofing contractor?
When you choose a GAF factory-certified roofing contractor like SmartRoof, you know you’re getting the best in the business. Only 2% of roofing contractors in North America are GAF Master Elite®, a certification they renew every year. Plus, every GAF-certified contractor offers superior protection with the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and has access to enhanced warranties, backed by GAF. This certification requires the contractor to be:
- Properly Insured & Licensed - For your protection and peace of mind, GAF certified contractors must have $1M+ Liability Insurance, workmen's compensation, and state licensing (where required and applicable).
- Reputable & Trustworthy - GAF certified contractors must have a track record for providing quality roofing services in the community (e.g. good standing with the Better Business Bureau, good credit rating per Experian).
- Highly Qualified - GAF certified contractors are well trained and equipped with the latest technology and practices, ensuring expert installation (i.e. GAF trained and certified, high property owner job satisfaction ratings, and able to offer the strongest GAF warranties)
Does homeowners insurance cover roof damage?
If the roof damage is caused by wind or hail or fire, homeowners insurance will likely cover the cost of the damage. In the case of wind and hail damage, homeowners insurance may require the homeowner to pay their deductible.
If the damage (hail, wind, fire) is severe enough, many homeowners insurance policies will even cover roof replacement if the damage is the result of an act of nature or sudden accidental event.
On the other hand, most homeowners insurance policies will NOT pay to replace or repair a roof that has suffered gradual deterioration due to wear-and-tear or neglect. Roofs that are over 20 years old often have limited coverage, if any.
To maximize the chance of getting your claim approved, make sure to keep records of repairs, before-and-after photos, and reports from inspections. One of your most important next steps is to call a storm restoration specialist who can give you a free roof inspection and report.
Does my homeowners insurance cover roof repair / roof replacement?
If the damage caused to the roof stems from wind or hail or fire, homeowners insurance will likely cover the cost for the repair or replacement of the roof. If, however, the damage to the roof is simply due to natural deterioration or neglect (e.g. a leak should have been repaired but wasn’t) then homeowners insurance will likely be exempt from reimbursing the homeowner for any damages.
Before you file a claim with your insurance company, find a roofing contractor you trust to come and perform a roof inspection to assess the damage to your roof and evaluate whether it will be covered by your homeowners policy. (If you’ve already filed an insurance claim, reach out to a roofing contractor who can advise you on the best way to move your claim forward.)
Is a leaking roof covered by homeowners insurance?
However, your homeowners insurance will likely NOT cover leaks that were caused by natural deterioration or neglect (e.g. poor maintenance, failing to fix a leak you were aware of, etc).