Roofing Mount Laurel NJ – Residential and Commercial Roofing Contractors
Finally, the home improvement experience you’ve always wanted.
Unfortunately, many contractors underdeliver — especially when it comes to service. At SmartRoof, our Roofing Mount Laurel NJ experts will help you avoid the stress of broken promises and shoddy workmanship by delivering a home improvement experience second-to-none.
Get a free, no obligation roof inspection!
Schedule a time and one of our roof consultants will give you a free inspection.
3000 Atrium Way #200, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054
SmartRoof – Mount Laurel Roofing Contractors That Help You Leave The Headaches Behind.
All you ever wanted is a contractor that will do it right and do what they said they would do. Unfortunately, your experience with and perception of contractors probably looks like this:
Make the smart choice in roofing by Trusted Local Roofing Contractors.
At SmartRoof, we relentlessly dedicate ourselves to the pursuit of the perfect customer experience so that you can enjoy quality and service – the way you’ve always wanted it.
Mount Laurel Roofing - One Of The Best Roofing Companies In New Jersey
Smooth, Easy Process
Clean, Detail Driven Crews
#1 Licensed Roofing Contractor Mount Laurel NJ
At SmartRoof, we are relentlessly committed to creating the perfect customer experience and raising the bar for contractors. Customers reviews reveal that our team of Mount Laurel roofing contractors is often described as friendly, responsive, clean, and efficient.
- Friendly Staff & Crews – Stemming from our commitment to a great customer experience, customers highlight that SmartRoof team members “were professional, polite, and diligent – a great team” and that the “entire team was very pleasant to work with from start to finish.”
- Responsive Team Members – Aiming to set the standard for service in the roofing industry, SmartRoof focuses on great communication. Our customers note that SmartRoof team members provided “great communication through each step in the process” and “attentiveness, communication, and quality control that sets them apart from other companies.”
- Clean Crews & Job Sites – We understand the importance of treating your property like our own. That’s why we obsess over installation organization and post-install cleanup. Customers appreciate our attention to cleanliness highlighting that “my neighbor was impressed with how clean the installation was done without any debris on their side or ours” and that our team members “did a great job with clean up at the end of the job.”
- Efficient Process & Installation – Keeping a large home improvement project on-time and on-track isn’t easy which is why we dedicate a project coordinator to each one of our installs. Customers have expressed their gratitude and praised our project managers, sharing that their “project manager provided excellent communication and service” and that their “project manager…led the installation crew working from dawn to dusk finishing the job in one day and also working with me (the homeowner) closely to address all my concerns about the installation as well as the service after installation.”
SmartRoof is committed to being the best roofing company, both in terms of our product and our service. We want you to enjoy a customer experience so good you’ll want to tell your friends and family about it.
Here is some of the proof of our commitment to being a top roofing company:
- Top 1% of Roofing Contractors based on reviews – 500+ Reviews with a 4.9+ Star Rating on Google, Facebook, BBB, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Yelp
- Top 2% of Roofing Contractors based on GAF Master Elite status – SmartRoof is a GAF Master-Elite® Roofer which means that we are required to be properly licensed & insured ($1M+ liability insurance, workmen’s compensation, and state licensing), reputable & trustworthy (e.g. good standing with Better Business Bureau), and highly qualified (i.e. trained and re-certified yearly).
- #57 on the list of Top 100 Roofing Contractors in the U.S. – according to Roofing Contractor’s Top 100, SmartRoof is #57 on the list of Top 100 Roofing Contractors in the United States.
- 1,000+ Roofing Installs Completed Over The Last 12 Months – we complete about 100 roof installation and roof replacement projects each month.
Our Roofing Mount Laurel NJ experts helps with New Jersey homeowners and business owners to build and maintain beautiful, environmentally friendly roofs that stand the test of time. Contact our friendly SmartRoof team today and schedule your free estimate!
Residential, Commercial, Storm Damage & More
Mount Laurel Commercial Roofing Contractors
Mount Laurel business owners need a commercial roofing contractor that is both knowledgeable and accessible because when there is storm damage or a problem with the roof, there is no time to waste.
SmartRoof’s Mount Laurel roofing contractors offer quality roof replacement, whether your roof has been damaged in a storm, or the time has come after years of wear and tear. We combine the highest quality material from trusted manufacturers with superior workmanship learned from years of experience.
The result is a long-lasting roof that will protect your commercial building from the weather, resist algae and moss growth, and look beautiful for years to come.
At SmartRoof, our team of Mount Laurel roofing contractors will take care of it all, from checking your roof for storm damage, to roof repairs, to an entire roof replacement.
Mount Laurel Residential Roofing Contractors
Sophisticated Mount Laurel homeowners want their roofs to look beautiful. In addition, they want an environmentally-friendly roof that will stand the test of time installed by an experienced residential roofing contractor.
SmartRoof’s team of Mount Laurel roofing contractors uses only the top-quality roofing materials and quality craftsmanship supported by our unbelievable warranty. Give us a call today.
SmartRoof is proud to help support those in the military as a supporter of GAF Roof for Troops, a program offering a rebate on a new GAF roof.
Mount Laurel Storm Damage Roofing Contractors
Storm damage can wreak havoc on your roof, with damage from wind, rain and hail. Often, the damage is visible, like fallen tree limbs or roof punctures. But sometimes the damage is hidden and can include loosened, missing or torn shingles or leaks in the roof flashing.
That’s why SmartRoof team of Mount Laurel roofing contractors offers a free storm damage inspection. We’ll inspect your roof for damage and offer our recommendations on storm damage roof repair.
Your roof is your protection against the elements, let our expert inspectors keep you and your home safe and dry. Contact our team of Mount Laurel roofing contractors to schedule your free storm damage roof inspection or repair.
Siding, Windows, Gutters, and More
SmartRoof offers contractor services for siding, windows and gutters with the same commitment to our high-quality manufacturers and fine workmanship as we do with our roofs. This way we can offer you a trusted one-stop resource for all your exterior remodeling and home improvement needs.
We Are Proud of Our Work - Smart Roof Smart Choice
Located in Burlington County, Mount Laurel Township is a densely populated suburb sitting on the edge of Philadelphia. The township holds within it several unincorporated communities and localities like: Birchfield, Bougher, Centerton, Colemantown, Coxs Corner, Fellowship, Hartford, Heulings Hill, Masonville, Petersburg, Pine Grove, and Rancocas Woods.
The township is ranked as one of the best places to live in New Jersey and is a great place for those seeking a suburb rich with dining, shopping, and community activities. The township has many of the key foundational elements of a strong community like: a healthy school system, a reasonably-priced housing market, and a diversified local culture.
The township also has an excellent local government providing resources for the government, local civic departments, and local events & community updates
Mount Laurel Township is also home to SmartRoof’s New Jersey headquarters and is a wonderful place for our office due to the proximity to Philadelphia and many of the suburbs surrounding the city.
If you’re looking for a local roofing company in Mount Laurel Township, reach out to our team today to get answers to your questions or to schedule an inspection & estimate.
professional and responsive…
“SmartRoof provided easy, streamlined process for complete roof, siding and gutter replacement. Management was professional and responsive. Crews worked diligently. Happy with the experience and the finished job.”
Answers for Every Roofing Question
How do I know if I need a new roof?
Sometimes the signs telling you that you need to repair or replace your roof will be obvious. For example, if your roof is leaking or if pieces of your roof have broken off then you can be pretty confident that your roof needs some help.
Most of the time, however, the signs of damage to your roof will be much more subtle, manifesting themselves in these kinds of ways:
- shingles are cracked or pieces of the roof are missing
- shingle granules are stuck in your gutters or have fallen to the groundanimals are finding their way
- into your attic
- moss and mold are forming on your roof
- flashing on your roof has become detached, or broken
How long does a roof last?
The longevity of a roof stems mainly from these three factors: the type of roof it is, what product is used, and the geography/weather.
- Roof Type - a standard asphalt roof system, for example, will last about 15 years; whereas a metal roof could last an average of 15-40 years. Here are some average lifespans for different types of roofing systems: asphalt shingle roofs (12-20 years), wood shingle/shake roofs (10-40 years), clay/concrete tile roofs (20-40 years), metal roofs (15-40 years), and slate roofs (25-100 years).
- Roofing Product - the quality of the roofing product will significantly impact the longevity of your roof’s life. Like anything you buy, certain products are of a better quality than others. We use premium roofing products made by GAF, Davinci and a few other trusted specialty manufacturers.
- Geography & Weather - the climate and weather conditions will also have a significant impact on how long your roof will last. Roofs in more mild climates will typically last longer than roofs which suffer harsher weather (extreme cold, extreme hot, storms).
How often does a roof need to be replaced and what type of roofing lasts the longest?
Here are some averages for how long a roof will last, along with an outline of what factors have the biggest impact on the lifespan of a roof.
Averages for How Long Certain Kinds of Roofs Will Last:
- Asphalt Shingle Roofs (12-20 years)
- Wood Shingles (10-40 years)
- Wood Shake Roofs (10-40 years)
- Clay Tile Roofs (20-40 years)
- Concrete Tile Roofs (20-40 years)
- Metal Roofs (15-40 years)
- Slate Roofs (25-100 years)
Factors That Have the Largest Impact on the Lifespan of the Roof:
- Roof Type - as outlined above, certain roofs are built to last longer than others
- Roof Product - the better the quality of the product, the longer your roof should last
- Geography & Weather - the harsher the climate, the shorter the roof’s lifespan will be
In short, determining how often a roof should be replaced will depend primarily on the kind of roof it is, the product used, and the climate/weather conditions.
Can I repair or replace the roof myself?
Can you? Yes. Should you? Probably not. The risk of fixing your roof almost never outweighs the reward of having someone else inspect it and fix it.
If you choose to do it yourself, you may solve the issue and save yourself some money. On the other hand you may fail to fix it and run the risk of wasting time, getting injured, violating the manufacturer’s warranty (for example, GAF has high-quality standards to uphold warranties), violating your homeowner’s insurance policy, and potentially causing more damage than good to your roof.
Failing to properly fix or replace your roof can also lead to leaks which can lead to a number of other headaches and damages down the line like:
- more severe roof-related damages
- interior water damage to your attic, ceilings, windows and walls
- water damage leading to a cracked or deteriorating foundation
- missed opportunity to have your homeowners policy cover the original damages
Which kind of roof is best for me?
When deciding what kind of roof is best for you, here are three of the most important considerations:
- Budget - choosing the right roof will likely begin with a review of your budget as roof products widely range in price.
- Durability - evaluating your geography will also be important, especially if you live in climates that are more severely affected by hot, cold, or stormy weather. The harsher the climate, the more important it will be to choose a roof type that can withstand the natural elements.
- Style / Color / Curb Appeal - once you’ve determined your budget and desired durability, you will have a clearer picture of what kind of roof type is right for you. Now you can focus on style and finding a roof style and color that fits your property’s landscape and surroundings.
What kind of roof shingle is best?
Asphalt shingles are the most popular shingle due to their affordability to install and maintain. There are three main types of asphalt shingles:
- 3-Tab Shingles - a 3-tab asphalt shingle (sometimes called a “strip” shingle) is the most basic kind of shingle and is made from a single layer of asphalt allowing them to lie extremely flat against the roof.
- Architectural Shingles - an architectural shingle (sometimes called a “dimensional” or “laminate” shingle) is a much more advanced shingle with multiple layers of asphalt melded together to give the roof a multidimensional look.
- Designer Shingles - a designer shingle (sometimes called a “premium” or “luxury” shingle) usually yields high-quality multidimensional designs, advanced protection from weather, and maximum energy efficiency. Our trusted manufacturers like Davinci and GAF have an excellent selection of premium, well-designed shingles.
What kind of warranty do you offer?
Most workmanship warranties offered by individual roofing contractors last for one year or more. A Master Elite® contractor like SmartRoof can offer enhanced warranties backed by GAF, which cover both the GAF products and workmanship.
At SmartRoof, we warranty our work 2.5X longer than the industry standard. That way you can be sure that both the quality of the product and the quality of the installation is set at the highest bar.
How much does a new roof cost?
Nailing down pricing on services like roofing and solar can be more complex than it might appear due mainly to some of the more subtle factors that can impact the cost of the project. Aiming to shed light on these factors, here are some of the considerations that will be made when building out a roofing or solar estimate:
- Roof Type - the most fundamental factor that will impact pricing is the roof type. Asphalt shingles (the most common kind of roof) are fundamentally less expensive than specialty roofing systems like cedar shake, metal, slate, tile, concrete, etc.
- Roof Product - once you determine the type of roof you’re looking to purchase, the next pricing factor to look at is the product line and quality. For example, there are dozens of asphalt shingle product lines to choose from each with varying degrees of quality (and therefore price).
- Size & Shape - the size and shape of the roof will also weigh into the final number; the bigger it is, the steeper it is, and the more peaks and valleys it has -- the more expensive it will be.
- Roof Accessories - accessories related to the roof like chimneys, skylights, satellite dishes, ridge vents, ridge cap shingles, flashing, drip edge, & more will add to the cost of a new roof.
How can I afford a new roof?
If you need to fully replace your roof, it’s important to consider all your financial options. There are three main ways you can pay for your roof:
- Homeowners Insurance - unfortunately, most homeowners and property owners don’t realize that their homeowners insurance or property insurance will cover the damages to your roof and property exterior sustained from severe storm weather, high winds, and hail. If there is legitimate damage and your insurance claim is approved, the cost of the repair or full replacement is covered by the insurance company and the only expense to you is your deductible.
- Monthly / Yearly Financing - another way to pay for your roof is through financing which will allow you to buy your roof through small monthly payments over a long period of time. Additionally, you may even qualify to defer your first payment for 12-24 months. (At SmartRoof, we use Greensky to help our customers finance their roof and exterior projects.)
- Full Payment / Payment Plan - the most traditional payment model is to buy your roof outright, either through a one-time payment or a payment plan.
Does homeowners insurance cover roof damage?
Here are some common instances of when your homeowners insurance policy will or will not cover roof damage:
- (Yes) Damage Stems From Storm / Wind / Hail - if the damage to your roof is the result of a storm, high winds, or hail dents then your homeowners insurance will likely cover the cost of the damage for either the repair or full replacement of your roof. (Note: you will likely still be responsible for paying your deductible, but this approximately means that you will get your roof repaired or replaced for a tiny fraction of what it would usually cost.)
- (Yes) Damage Stems From Fire - if the damage to your roof is the result of a fire, then your homeowners insurance will almost certainly cover the cost of the damage. (Note: again, you will likely be required to pay your deductible.)
- (No) Damage Stems From Gradual Deterioration - if the damage to your roof is the result of natural wear & tear, most homeowners insurance policies will NOT pay to repair or replace the roof even if you have homeowners insurance. (Note: Roofs that are over 20 years old often have limited coverage, if any.)
To maximize the chance of getting your claim approved, make sure to keep records of repairs, before-and-after photos, and reports from inspections.
One of your most important next steps is to call a storm restoration specialist who can give you a free roof inspection and report.
Does my homeowners insurance cover roof repair / roof replacement?
If the damage caused to the roof stems from wind or hail or fire, homeowners insurance will likely cover the cost for the repair or replacement of the roof. If, however, the damage to the roof is simply due to natural deterioration (i.e. natural wear & tear) or neglect (e.g. a leak should have been repaired but wasn’t) then homeowners insurance will likely be exempt from reimbursing the homeowner for any damages.
Before you file a claim with your insurance company, find a roofing contractor you trust to come and perform a roof inspection to assess the damage to your roof and evaluate whether it will be covered by your homeowners policy.
(If you’ve already filed an insurance claim, reach out to a roofing contractor who can advise you on the best way to move your claim forward.)
Is a leaking roof covered by homeowners insurance?
If, on the other hand, the leak in your roof is the result of natural deterioration (i.e. natural wear & tear on older roofs) or neglect (e.g. poor maintenance, failing to fix a leak you were aware of, etc) then your homeowners insurance may NOT cover the repair or replacement of the roof.
What should I look for when hiring a roofing contractor?
When it comes to finding a contractor, everyone fundamentally wants the same thing: someone who will do it right, do what they say, and do it professionally.
Unfortunately, many contractors fail to deliver on at least one of these elements of a great service experience. That’s why our team spends a tremendous amount of time and energy on training on our project managers and crews, hiring people with strong values, and constantly improving customer service systems. Our goal is to raise the bar in the roofing industry so that you, our customer, can enjoy the best service experience you’ve ever had.
So, how do you find a roofing contractor that will do the job right, do what they say, and do it professionally?
Here are 3 concrete ways to evaluate contractors and answer those two questions:
- Read What Others Say - the volume and quality of reviews and testimonials on Google, Facebook and online business directories (BBB, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List) can give you confidence through social proof. (See what customers have said about SmartRoof.)
- See What Projects They’ve Done - the volume and quality of the projects they’ve completed can also help you visualize whether or not they will be able to do the job well. (Take a look at some of the recent projects we’ve completed.)
- Identify What “Guarantees” They Can Give - the warranties and guarantees they offer for the product (e.g. product warranty) and the service (e.g. labor warranty) can go a long way in boosting your confidence.
What should be included in a roofing contract?
Here are some the most important elements to review and confirm before you sign a contract with a roofing and exterior services company:
- Roof System Specifications - make sure that specifications related to the roof system are outlined and look for elements like roof type, product type, manufacturer, color, etc
- Roof-Related Materials - confirm that any necessary materials related to and needed for the roof system are included in the project (this could include materials like: underlayment, starter strip, drip edge, ridge vents accessories, ice and water shield, etc)
- Scope of Work - take the time to confirm exactly what work will be done which should likely include tasks like removing existing shingles, flashing, ventilation, etc
- Installation Method - ensure that the installation method used, especially as it relates to the warranty is laid out in writing so that there are clear measures for the quality of work whether it be for repair, partial replacement, full replacement, full tear-off, etc
- Manufacturer & Labor Warranties - roofing companies use different manufacturers and have several options related to both manufacturer warranties and labor warranties so be sure to understand these options and choose the one right for you
- Standard Contractual Details - remember to establish clear outlines for project-related details like start & end date, payment terms, etc
What is a GAF Master Elite roofing contractor?
SmartRoof is a GAF Master-Elite Roofer. When you choose a GAF factory-certified roofing contractor you can be confident that you’re getting the best in the business. Only 2% of roofing contractors in North America are GAF Master Elite®, a certification that must be renewed every year. GAF-certified contractors offer superior protection with the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and have access to enhanced warranties, backed by GAF. This certification requires the contractor to be:
- Properly Insured & Licensed - For your protection and peace of mind, GAF certified contractors must have $1M+ Liability Insurance, workmen's compensation, and state licensing (where required and applicable).
- Reputable & Trustworthy - GAF certified contractors must have a track record for providing quality roofing services in the community (e.g. good standing with the Better Business Bureau, good credit rating per Experian).
- Highly Qualified - GAF certified contractors are well trained and equipped with the latest technology and practices, ensuring expert installation (i.e. GAF trained and certified, high property owner job satisfaction ratings, and able to offer the strongest GAF warranties)