Roofing Contractors In Rockville, MD
Finally, the home improvement experience you’ve always wanted.
Unfortunately, many contractors underdeliver — especially when it comes to service. At SmartRoof, our Rockville roofing contractors help you avoid the stress of broken promises and shoddy workmanship by delivering a home improvement experience second-to-none.
Get a free, no obligation roof inspection!
Schedule a time and one of our roof consultants will give you a free inspection.
SmartRoof – Rockville Roofing Contractors
SmartRoof – Rockville Roofing Contractors That Help You Leave The Headaches Behind.
All you ever wanted is a contractor that will do it right and do what they said they would do. Unfortunately, your experience with and perception of contractors probably looks like this:
My property is messy and the crew is sloppy
Promises made to me aren’t being kept
My project started off strong, but communication has stopped
My projec timeline keeps shifting and next steps aren’t clear
Make the smart choice in roofing.
At SmartRoof, we relentlessly dedicate ourselves to the pursuit of the perfect customer experience so that you can enjoy quality and service – the way you’ve always wanted it.
Second-To-None Customer Service
Smooth, Easy Process
Clean, Detail Driven Crews
Top-Rated Rockville Roofing Contractors
At SmartRoof, we are relentlessly committed to creating the perfect customer experience and raising the bar for contractors. Customers reviews reveal that our team of Rockville roofing contractors is often described as friendly, responsive, clean, and efficient.
- Friendly Staff & Crews – Stemming from our commitment to a great customer experience, some customers describe SmartRoof team members as “professional, responsive, and friendly” and “top notch – friendly, professional, and helpful at all times.” Another customer noted that the SmartRoof team is “friendly and did a wonderful job while also providing an amazing customer service experience.”
- Responsive Team Members – Recognizing that many contractors are criticized for being poor communicators, SmartRoof focuses on great communication. Our customers highlight that SmartRoof team members are “very responsive and informative throughout the process” and “knowledgeable and responsive every time [they] called.”
- Clean Crews & Job Sites – While many contractors are disorganized and messy at job sites, SmartRoof team members keep projects tidy and leave every job spotless. Customers describe our attention to cleanliness as a “magic show of efficiency with the clean-up” and note that our “clean-up was meticulous leaving me with nothing to complain about.” Other customers that our crews are “fast and clean,” “clean and efficient,” and “constantly cleaning up.”
- Efficient Process & Installation – While many contractors fail to keep projects on time and on track, our crews focus on delivering stellar project efficiency. Customers have praised our project efficiency noting that our “crew was clean and efficient” and that we had “efficient and respectful crews that delivered quality work.”
SmartRoof is committed to being the best roofing company, both in terms of our product and our service. We want you to enjoy a customer experience so good you’ll want to tell your friends and family about it.
Here is some of the proof of our commitment to being a top roofing company:
- Top 1% of Roofing Contractors based on reviews – 500+ Reviews with a 4.9+ Star Rating on Google, Facebook, BBB, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Yelp
- Top 2% of Roofing Contractors based on GAF Master Elite status – SmartRoof is a GAF Master-Elite® Roofer which means that we are required to be properly licensed & insured ($1M+ liability insurance, workmen’s compensation, and state licensing), reputable & trustworthy (e.g. good standing with Better Business Bureau), and highly qualified (i.e. trained and re-certified yearly).
- #57 on the list of Top 100 Roofing Contractors in the U.S. – according to Roofing Contractor’s Top 100, SmartRoof is #57 on the list of Top 100 Roofing Contractors in the United States.
- 1,000+ Roofing Installs Completed Over The Last 12 Months – we complete about 100 roof installation and roof replacement projects each month.
Our Rockville roofing contractors work with Maryland homeowners and business owners to build and maintain beautiful, environmentally friendly roofs that stand the test of time. Contact our friendly SmartRoof team today and schedule your free estimate!
Residential, Commercial, Storm Damage & More
Rockville Commercial Roofing Contractors
Business owners need a commercial roofing contractor that is both knowledgeable and accessible because when there is storm damage or a problem with the roof, there is no time to waste.
SmartRoof’s Rockville roofing contractors offer quality roof replacement, whether your roof has been damaged in a storm, or the time has come after years of wear and tear. We combine the highest quality material from trusted manufacturers with superior workmanship learned from years of experience.
The result is a long-lasting roof that will protect your commercial building from the weather, resist algae and moss growth, and look beautiful for years to come.
At SmartRoof, our team of Rockville roofing contractors will take care of it all, from checking your roof for storm damage, to roof repairs, to an entire roof replacement.
Rockville Residential Roofing Contractors
Most Rockville homeowners want their roofs to look beautiful. In addition, they want an environmentally-friendly roof that will stand the test of time installed by an experienced residential roofing contractor.
SmartRoof’s team of Rockville roofing contractors uses only the top-quality roofing materials and quality craftsmanship supported by our unbelievable warranty. Give us a call today.
SmartRoof is proud to help support those in the military as a supporter of GAF Roof for Troops, a program offering a rebate on a new GAF roof.
Rockville Storm Damage Roofing Contractors
Storm damage can wreak havoc on your roof, with damage from wind, rain and hail. Often, the damage is visible, like fallen tree limbs or roof punctures. But sometimes the damage is hidden and can include loosened, missing or torn shingles or leaks in the roof flashing.
That’s why SmartRoof team of Rockville roofing contractors offers a free storm damage inspection. We’ll inspect your roof for damage and offer our recommendations on storm damage roof repair.
Your roof is your protection against the elements, let our expert inspectors keep you and your home safe and dry. Contact our team of Rockville roofing contractors to schedule your free storm damage roof inspection or repair.
Siding, Windows, Gutters, and More
SmartRoof offers contractor services for siding, windows and gutters with the same commitment to our high-quality manufacturers and fine workmanship as we do with our roofs. This way we can offer you a trusted one-stop resource for all your exterior remodeling and home improvement needs.
Local Roofing Contractors That Love Rockville, MD
Located in Montgomery County, Rockville is bordered by Gaithersburg (north), Aspen Hill (east), Bethesda (south), and North Potomac (west) and sits within the core of the Technology Corridor.
Due to its proximity to Washington, D.C. and several key commercial centers in Maryland, the city is one of the main commercial and retail centers in the DMV area. It is also an area with strong community organization centered around local government, city projects and local services.
Rockville is ranked #8 on the list of Best Places to Live in Maryland due mainly to these community elements: strong school system, cost-effective housing, family-focused neighborhoods, cultural diversity, array of outdoor activities, and emphasis on great dining and shopping experiences. The area is especially attractive to younger families and young professionals looking to work in Rockville or other nearby professional hubs but live in an area that has a more suburban/rural tone.
If you’re looking for a local roofing company in Rockville, reach out to our team today to get answers to your questions or to schedule an inspection & estimate.
My house has a completely different new look and I am very satisfied with a job well done!!…
“My house has a completely different new look and I am very satisfied with a job well done!! Mark Whipple, Consultant for SmartRoof, was professional from start to finish. My 30 yr. old roof and siding had seen better days. Mark took the time to walk with me around my house & made some suggestions. He noted the difference between the standard roof & the upgraded roof. My house sits up on a hill and the wind and hail during storms can be brutal. I took time to mull over the options available to me. Mark did not apply any pressure for me to choose one way or the other. Mark stopped by a couple of times before the work began and suggested I take pictures down around the house. He also mentioned the noise level might be disturbing and I might consider having an alternate place to go, if the roof banging was too loud. He was patient, considerate, and very professional. Mark worked seamlessly with my insurance agent to get the paperwork in place. Throughout the project he was in contact with me through each phase, making sure I was satisfied with how the project was progressing. Mark stopped by when all was finished to say hello and to see my remodeled home.
Kyle did a very good job of presenting SmartRoof’s line and explaining my options. He listened to what I had in mind and did a good job of describing the different layers of the roof and my selections for the roof and siding.
Peter Guerrero was my project coordinator and did an excellent job of scheduling each phase of the project & bringing it all together! He scheduled the roof team, the siding team, and the gutter team & alerted me in advance when to expect each. I met Peter the first day of the project when the roof team arrived. Peter walked the property with me and we discussed the improvements to be made. He was readily available and easy to reach during the project. Peter called to let me know when a new team was scheduled to arrive and approximately how long the team’s phase would take. Peter was very professional, took time to explain what work was to be done, and managed the project in a very efficient manner.
I would highly recommend SmartRoof to friends, neighbors, and family. Great job & thank you.”
Answers for Every Roofing Question
How do I know if I need a new roof?
It may be the case that there are obvious signs that you need a new roof like: water leaking through, shingles detached, or a hole in your roof. More commonly, though, the damage to your roof is much more subtle; here are several of the more common indications that you should get your roof inspected for damage:
- shingles are broken, cracked, or missing
- shingle granules are sprinkled on your grass, deck or patio
- shingle granules or pieces of the roof are clogging your gutters
- animals are finding their way into your attic
- moss and mold are forming on your roof
- roof flashing is damaged, detached, or broken
- your roof has 2 layers of shingles (meaning it wasn’t properly replaced)
How long does a roof last?
How long a roof will last will depend primarily on the type of roof it is, what product is used, and the geography/weather.
- Roof Type - as an example, a standard asphalt roof system will last about 15 years, whereas a metal roof could last an average of 15-40 years. Here are some average lifespans for different types of roofing systems: asphalt shingle roofs (12-20 years), wood shingle/shake roofs (10-40 years), clay/concrete tile roofs (20-40 years), metal roofs (15-40 years), and slate roofs (25-100 years).
- Roofing Product - not all roofing products are made equal and certain manufacturers definitely produce higher quality products than others. We use premium roofing products made by GAF, Davinci and a few other trusted specialty manufacturers.
- Geography & Weather - these conditions have a large influence on how long a roof will last and usually roofs in more mild climates will last longer than those in harsher (extreme cold, extreme hot, stormy) climates.
How often does a roof need to be replaced and what type of roofing lasts the longest?
How often a roof should be replaced depends primarily on the type of roof it is. Here are some of the most common types of roofs and their average lifespan:
- Asphalt Shingle Roofs (12-20 years)
- Wood Shingles (10-40 years)
- Wood Shake Roofs (10-40 years)
- Clay Tile Roofs (20-40 years)
- Concrete Tile Roofs (20-40 years)
- Metal Roofs (15-40 years)
- Slate Roofs (25-100 years)
Once you determine the average lifetime of a roof based on the roof type, there are three more common factors that will impact the lifespan of the roof:
- Product type
- Weather & geography
- Installation quality
In short, then, estimating how often a roof should be replaced will depend primarily on what product you choose, how harsh the weather is (hot, cold, stormy), and the installation precision.
Can I repair or replace the roof myself?
Can you? Yes. Should you? Probably not. The risk of fixing your roof almost never outweighs the reward of having someone else inspect it and fix it.
If you choose to do it yourself, you may solve the issue and save yourself some money. On the other hand you may fail to fix it and run the risk of wasting time, getting injured, violating the manufacturer’s warranty (for example, GAF has high-quality standards to uphold warranties), violating your homeowner’s insurance policy, and potentially causing more damage than good to your roof.
Failing to properly fix or replace your roof can also lead to leaks which can lead to a number of other headaches and damages down the line like:
- more severe roof-related damages
- interior water damage to your attic, ceilings, windows and walls
- water damage leading to a cracked or deteriorating foundation
- missed opportunity to have your homeowners policy cover the original damages
Which kind of roof is best for me?
When deciding what kind of roof is best for you, here are three of the most important considerations:
- Budget - choosing the right roof will likely begin with a review of your budget as roof products widely range in price.
- Durability - evaluating your geography will also be important, especially if you live in climates that are more severely affected by hot, cold, or stormy weather. The harsher the climate, the more important it will be to choose a roof type that can withstand the natural elements.
- Style / Color / Curb Appeal - once you’ve determined your budget and desired durability, you will have a clearer picture of what kind of roof type is right for you. Now you can focus on style and finding a roof style and color that fits your property’s landscape and surroundings.
What kind of roof shingle is best?
Asphalt shingles are the most popular shingle due to their affordability to install and maintain. There are three main types of asphalt shingles:
- 3-Tab Shingles - a 3-tab asphalt shingle (sometimes called a “strip” shingle) is the most basic kind of shingle and is made from a single layer of asphalt allowing them to lie extremely flat against the roof.
- Architectural Shingles - an architectural shingle (sometimes called a “dimensional” or “laminate” shingle) is a much more advanced shingle with multiple layers of asphalt melded together to give the roof a multidimensional look.
- Designer Shingles - a designer shingle (sometimes called a “premium” or “luxury” shingle) usually yields high-quality multidimensional designs, advanced protection from weather, and maximum energy efficiency. Our trusted manufacturers like Davinci and GAF have an excellent selection of premium, well-designed shingles.
What kind of warranty do you offer?
We warranty our work 2.5X longer than the industry standard so you can have complete peace of mind and confidence in your investment. While the manufacturer of the roofing materials typically offers a warranty on the products (no matter who installs your roof), the roofing contractor will typically offer their own warranty on the workmanship.
Most workmanship warranties offered by individual roofing contractors last for one year or more. A Master Elite® contractor like SmartRoof can offer enhanced warranties backed by GAF, which cover both the GAF products and workmanship.
How much does a new roof cost?
Like most questions related to the pricing of a product or service, the answer is: it depends. To provide guidance as you explore pricing, here are some of the common factors that will impact how much a new roof will cost:
Rather than answering this question with a number range like $10K - $20K, here is an outline of the elements that will factor into the cost of a new roof:
- Roof Type - the most fundamental factor that will impact pricing is the roof type. Asphalt shingles (the most common kind of roof) are fundamentally less expensive than specialty roofing systems like cedar shake, metal, slate, tile, concrete, etc.
- Roof Product - once you determine the type of roof you’re looking to purchase, the next pricing factor to look at is the product grade and quality. For example, there are dozens of asphalt shingle product lines to choose from each with varying degrees of quality (and therefore price).
- Size & Shape - the size and shape of the roof will also weigh into the final number; the bigger it is, the steeper it is, and the more peaks and valleys it has -- the more expensive it will be.
- Roof Accessories - accessories related to the roof like chimneys, skylights, satellite dishes, ridge vents, ridge cap shingles, flashing, drip edge, & more will add to the cost of a new roof.
How can I afford a new roof?
If you need to fully replace your roof, it’s important to consider all your financial options. There are three main ways you can pay for your roof:
- Full Payment / Payment Plan - the most traditional payment model is to buy your roof outright, either through a one-time payment or a payment plan.
- Monthly / Yearly Financing - another way to pay for your roof is through financing which will allow you to buy your roof through small monthly payments over a long period of time. Additionally, you may even qualify to defer your first payment for 12-24 months. (At SmartRoof, we use Greensky to help our customers finance their roof and exterior projects.)
- Homeowners Insurance - unfortunately, most homeowners and property owners don’t realize that their homeowners insurance or property insurance will cover the damages to your roof and property exterior sustained from severe storm weather, high winds, and hail. If there is legitimate damage and your insurance claim is approved, the cost of the repair or full replacement is covered by the insurance company and the only expense to you is your deductible.
Does homeowners insurance cover roof damage?
Here are some common instances of when your homeowners insurance policy will or will not cover roof damage:
- (Yes) Damage Stems From Storm / Wind / Hail - if the damage to your roof is the result of a storm, high winds, or hail dents then your homeowners insurance will likely cover the cost of the damage for either the repair or full replacement of your roof. (Note: you will likely still be responsible for paying your deductible, but this approximately means that you will get your roof repaired or replaced for a tiny fraction of what it would usually cost.)
- (Yes) Damage Stems From Fire - if the damage to your roof is the result of a fire, then your homeowners insurance will almost certainly cover the cost of the damage. (Note: again, you will likely be required to pay your deductible.)
- (No) Damage Stems From Gradual Deterioration - if the damage to your roof is the result of natural wear & tear, most homeowners insurance policies will NOT pay to repair or replace the roof even if you have homeowners insurance. (Note: Roofs that are over 20 years old often have limited coverage, if any.)
To maximize the chance of getting your claim approved, make sure to keep records of repairs, before-and-after photos, and reports from inspections.
One of your most important next steps is to call a storm restoration specialist who can give you a free roof inspection and report.
Does my homeowners insurance cover roof repair / roof replacement?
If the damage caused to the roof stems from wind or hail or fire, homeowners insurance will likely cover the cost for the repair or replacement of the roof. If, however, the damage to the roof is simply due to natural deterioration (i.e. natural wear & tear) or neglect (e.g. a leak should have been repaired but wasn’t) then homeowners insurance will likely be exempt from reimbursing the homeowner for any damages.
Before you file a claim with your insurance company, find a roofing contractor you trust to come and perform a roof inspection to assess the damage to your roof and evaluate whether it will be covered by your homeowners policy.
(If you’ve already filed an insurance claim, reach out to a roofing contractor who can advise you on the best way to move your claim forward.)
Is a leaking roof covered by homeowners insurance?
If, on the other hand, the leak in your roof is the result of natural deterioration (i.e. natural wear & tear on older roofs) or neglect (e.g. poor maintenance, failing to fix a leak you were aware of, etc) then your homeowners insurance may NOT cover the repair or replacement of the roof.
What should I look for when hiring a roofing contractor?
Fundamentally, every homeowner and property owner just wants a contractor who will do what they promised and do the job right. Having a great experience as a customer boils down to whether or not these two things were accomplished.
So, how do you find a roofing contractor that will do what they promised and do the job right?
Here are 3 concrete ways to evaluate contractors and answer those two questions:
- Read What Others Say - the volume and quality of reviews and testimonials on Google, Facebook and online business directories (BBB, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List) can give you confidence through social proof. (See what customers have said about SmartRoof.)
- See What Projects They’ve Done - the volume and quality of the projects they’ve completed can also help you visualize whether or not they will be able to do the job well. (Take a look at some of the recent projects we’ve completed.)
- Identify What “Guarantees” They Can Give - the warranties and guarantees they offer for the product (e.g. product warranty) and the service (e.g. labor warranty) can go a long way in boosting your confidence.
What should be included in a roofing contract?
When the time comes to choose a roofing contractor you’ll want to look for these elements in the contract:
- Roof System Specifications - look for elements like roof type, product type, manufacturer, color, etc
- Roof-Related Materials - make sure that any necessary elements for the roof system are included in the project like underlayment, starter strip, drip edge, ridge vents accessories, ice and water shield, etc
- Scope of Work - take the time to confirm exactly what work will be done which should likely include tasks like removing existing shingles, flashing, ventilation, etc
- Installation Method - ensure that the installation method used, especially as it relates to the warranty is laid out in writing so that there are clear measures for the quality of work whether it be for repair, partial replacement, full replacement, full tear-off, etc
- Manufacturer & Labor Warranties - roofing companies use different manufacturers and have several options related to both manufacturer warranties and labor warranties so be sure to understand these options and choose the one right for you
- Standard Contractual Details - make sure not to overlook a clear outline of project-related details like start & end date, payment terms, etc
What is a GAF Master Elite roofing contractor?
SmartRoof is a GAF Master-Elite Roofer. When you choose a GAF factory-certified roofing contractor you can be confident that you’re getting the best in the business. Only 2% of roofing contractors in North America are GAF Master Elite®, a certification that must be renewed every year. GAF-certified contractors offer superior protection with the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and have access to enhanced warranties, backed by GAF. This certification requires the contractor to be:
- Properly Insured & Licensed - For your protection and peace of mind, GAF certified contractors must have $1M+ Liability Insurance, workmen's compensation, and state licensing (where required and applicable).
- Reputable & Trustworthy - GAF certified contractors must have a track record for providing quality roofing services in the community (e.g. good standing with the Better Business Bureau, good credit rating per Experian).
- Highly Qualified - GAF certified contractors are well trained and equipped with the latest technology and practices, ensuring expert installation (i.e. GAF trained and certified, high property owner job satisfaction ratings, and able to offer the strongest GAF warranties)